Monday, September 2, 2013

Chari-teas

I found myself being a tourist again today. My inner tea-junkie zeroed in on a little boutique and as soon as my foot crossed the thresh hold I was swept away into tea heaven.

Located in the town of Duncan, B.C is a little loose leaf tea boutique with a big heart. Chari-teas. As I was quite caught up in the absolutely adorable sample pods I didn't really process the namesake of the shop. It wasn't until I went to purchase my tea (lemon ginger which is scrumptious) until I focused on the name again.



Cutest Samples

Not only does Chari-teas carry over 250 varieties of top-quality loose tea, all being of the highest quality and most organic, they started there business with the main purpose of supporting families affected by AIDS. They have also started in supporting a family in China who plans to open a midwifery. This means they would be able to help orphans and save the lives of newborns. How inspiring.


I knew as soon as I walked in that there was something different about this tea shop. The staff is truly genuine, the tea is delicious and I am a sucker for traditional tea cups which they have many of. I was even gifted a sample (Raspberry Mint) upon my purchase. It was so unexpected and wonderful! I cannot express enough how much this made my day!


I have a special place in my heart for local businesses. I hope you do too. Feel free to share some of your favorite local places to shop!


If you are a tea enthusiast like myself and you find yourself in the Duncan area, stopping in at Chariteas is a must! Below you can find their address as well as website.


I just returned home from a trip to the mainland . I was for my big sister's baby shower. I cannot wait to meet my little nephew! Stay tuned for pictures of our super hero themed shower.





Chari-teas
227 Craig Street,
Duncan, BC
http://chari-teas.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment