Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Purple! Need I say more?


I had been reading Warline Painting's blog post "Purple - The Hot Interior Paint Colour for 2012" and I thought since we're in the last few months of the year I'd write my own favorite purples for the 2012 hot colour of the year. 

Heidi has such a great eye for colour. One of the best pieces of advice she has ever given me for picking colours is "Don't always go for the pretty colours, go for the useable colours." This is awesome advice! Especially for someone like me, or how I used to be, I'd go through a fan deck and pick out all the colours I thought were prettiest.What's wrong with that you ask? Some colours may be pretty but you have to pay careful attention to their undertones and find colours that read well on walls and furniture. Also you have to keep in mind the colours it's pairing with. Find a pretty AND useable colour. 


Back to purple!


When it comes to purples, I've grown to love the sultry, sexy, grey under-toned purples. 



Tempest AF-590

Benjamin Moore Tempest







My all time Favourite is Benjamin Moore Tempest.


Tempest is so versatile, it can create urban living rooms, divine bedrooms, and sweet powder rooms. I just can't get enough. 




How can you not fall in love with this?!
One of my favorite products is Farrow & Ball. It's not on the wallet-friendly list but the richness and pigment of colour is incredible. They use natural ingredients which gives it its beautiful colours and "props" from me for being Eco-friendly. These are my Two favorite purples because of their richness. Brassica is my Gray based beauty and Pelt is my daring Purple for those brave souls out there!  

Pelt No.254
Brassica No.271













This one is for all those expecting, with allergies, or those who just hate those darn VOCs. Mythic paint is a product that was developed by the U.S. Navy for the painting of the interior of submarines.That means it has zero toxins and zero VOCs. This fabulous paint can still hold it's own with a great selection of colours. I love Violet fog, it reminds me of my room when I was young. Definitely a colour fit for a princess.



Violet Fog 012-4

Lastly I have a neutral purple from Sherwin & Williams. Can you tell I love purple? What are some of your favorites? Do share!

Unique 6260

No comments:

Post a Comment