Friday, September 13, 2013

Baby Baby Baby!

Oh Baby! 

A couple weekends ago I hopped back on that good 'ol ferry to the mainland for a very special reason. My big sister and my bro-in law were visiting from Calgary. Why you may ask!? Well it's because my mom and little sister and I had been planning a baby shower. Yep, I'm going to be an aunt soon, and I am thrilled! 

It was quite a shock to see my sister at first. Mainly because I hadn't seen her since January, when there was no baby bump. The most amazing thing ever was feeling that little life in there, he most definitely is a kicker! It got me thinking about how incredibly beautiful it is that there is this little life growing in there. This immensely unique little being. We don't know what his personality will be, or what his favorite colour, toy, song, baby food or even what his favorite game will be. There is so much beauty in that mystery, and the anticipation of watching his every first. I feel so blessed that I get to be a part of that. I am so incredibly happy for my sister and brother in-law and so proud of them already because I know what amazing parents they will be!

Enough of that sappy business! We decided on a super hero themed baby shower knowing that little bean is going to be a baby boy. I had a blast not only at the shower but in the planning. 

It was wonderful to visit with everyone

My mom proved what a super woman she is once again making all the yummy food!




Games are the best part!

Our super hero baby shower
All in all I think it was a success and a wonderful visit with family and friends. Now the count down is on for the big day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment